How to travel between Narita Airport and Tokyo by public transport.
Option 1: Narita Express (N’EX)
The preferred method of transport for Japan Rail (JR) Pass holders. The Narita Express is one of the fastest ways to get into Tokyo city, taking approximately 60 mins. The train stops at major stations in Tokyo including Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Yokohama.
Trains run every 30 mins during most of the day.
- One-way from 3,020 yen (ordinary class) or 4,560 yen (green class) for adults, 50% discount for children aged 6-11 years old.
- Included in your JR Pass
- N’EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket is a discounted return ticket for 4,000 yen. The return portion must be used within 14 days.
- Buy your ticket from the JR Ticket Office (Midori no madoguchi) or JR Travel Service Center at Narita Airport Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 and 3 stations.
Option 2: Keisei Skyliner
The fastest way into the city if you’re staying close to Nippori or Ueno Stations, taking just 41 minutes. The JR Pass cannot be used on the Keisei line.
- 2,470 yen one-way to Ueno or Nippori for adults, 1,240 yen for children.
- Skyliner Discount Ticket is a discounted ticket for the Skyliner that you can buy online for 2,200 yen (adults) or 1,100 yen for children.
- Buy your ticket from the Keisei Electric Railway Ticket Sales Counter, the Skyliner and Keisei Information Center or the ticket vending machine at Narita Airport Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 and 3 stations.
Option 3: Airport Limousine Bus
A great option if you want door-to-door transport from the airport to selected hotels in Tokyo and Yokohama. Travel times can be affected by heavy traffic.
- One-way from 3,100 yen for adults (Narita Airport to hotels in Shinjuku), 1,550 yen for children.
- Airport Limousine Multi Voucher is a set of 4 tickets (so good for return trips for 2 adults, or single trips for 4 adults) or Return Voucher for 1 return trip or single trips for 2 adults) can save you money. The return legs must be used within 14 days.
- Buy your ticket from the Airport Limousine Bus ticket counter in the arrival hall.
Option 4: Tokyo Shuttle
The Tokyo Shuttle operated by Keisei Bus is one of the cheapest ways to get to Tokyo Station from Narita Airport directly (no stops or transfers). The bus departs every 20 minutes during the daytime.
- One-way for 1,000 yen (late night or early morning fare is 2,000 yen)
- If you book online, fares are 900 yen one-way.
- Round-trip Tickets are 1,900 yen (only available at Narita Airport)
- Buy your ticket from the Keisei Bus Ticket counter in the arrival hall.