JNTO Launches the ‘Japan On-line Media Center’
On August 19, 2016, The Japan National Tourism Organization launched the ‘Japan On-line Media Center’ (JOMC) https://jomc.jnto.go.jp/ – a platform designed specifically to provide copyright-free digital resources to media outlets with a database of over 7,000 photos and videos. JOMC offers an exceptional tool for overseas media creating tourism content for Japan.
JOMC material focuses on popular tourism attractions, scenery and landscapes, food, historical experiences, and cultural exhibitions. Members of the media can access a range of frequently updated, high-quality content, available free following registration.
JNTO encourages overseas media to use JOMC material for introducing Japan on productions of broadcast, print, online and other media types.
“Kimono Forest” in Kyoto
“Mt Iozan” in Hokkaido
How to use Japan On-line Media Center
- Access JOMC through URL https://jomc.jnto.go.jp/
- Browse through the content and click on the video or image you wish to download. You will be taken to a new page with details of the content you have selected.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and press the “download” button.
- A pop-up will appear – For new users please click “Register” and follow the prompts.
- After completing the registration, press the “download” button once again to begin the download.