Enter for your chance to WIN 2 round trip tickets to Japan!
SYDNEY July 11, 2012 –Travel industry professionals in Australia are invited to submit their best Japan tour itinerary for the chance to win great prizes!
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) Sydney office and Cathay Pacific have partnered to bring the “Design Your Best Itinerary in Japan Contest”. Entries to the contest, which is open to licensed travel agents in Australia, will be accepted from 15 July through 30 August 2013.
Do you consider yourself a Japan expert? Do you have the know-how, initiative and creativity to design a travel itinerary unique to those already available in the Australian market? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you to challenge yourself to create something new and be rewarded for your efforts!
Entering is simple, and details can be found below or on this link: http://bit.ly/12EF4Az
- 2 return economy class tickets from Australia to Japan courtesy of Cathay Pacific for the winning itinerary (not eligible for upgrades)
- Coverage of the winning itinerary in the January 2014 issue of Vacations and Travel Magazine
Contest Entry Details
- Entries can be for a trip up to 14 days, including travel time.
- Itineraries can be for a trip anywhere in Japan. Entries must begin in and end in Australia.
- Entries can be for any number of travellers, but must be within a $5,000 AUD budget per traveller (exclusive of air travel to Japan, inclusive of on-ground travel within Japan).
- Entries must contain full details of the itinerary, including travel logistics, meals, accommodations, activities, and timing throughout the trip.
- Entries must include a route from Australia to Japan serviced by Cathay Pacific (includes a stop-over in Hong Kong). Including travel in Hong Kong as part of the itinerary is optional.
- Entries must contain a simple breakdown of the overall budget for the itinerary in the following categories:
- On-Ground Travel
- Activities & Experiences
- Entrant must be a licensed travel agent currently employed at a travel agency in Australia or an individual currently employed at a wholesale travel company for travel packages in Australia.
- Only 1 entry allowed per individual entering.
- Entries must be submitted as a PDF document
- Entrant must include the following information:
Name (First & Last):
Company Contact Phone Number:
Winning Itinerary Selection Criteria
The winning entry will be chosen by JNTO based on the following criteria:
- The locations and aspects of Japan introduced in the itinerary.
- Degree of uniqueness and creativity of the itinerary, in comparison to travel packages currently available in Australia.
- Degree of relevance and appeal to Australian travellers
- Amount of realistic details included and feasibility of the itinerary.
*Utilizing the entire $5,000 AUD budget per person will not be considered as part of the selection criteria. We welcome ideas that are up to the maximum budget, as well as ideas that may cost significantly less.
The winning entry will be announced by 30 September, 2013 5:00PM Sydney Time.
Contest Submission Rules
- Entries will be accepted from Monday, July 15, 2013 9:00AM Sydney Time.
- All entries must be received by Friday, August 30, 2013 5:00PM Sydney Time.
- All entries must be submitted via:
Send the entry with the PDF document attached to [email protected] with the Subject Line: “JNTO’s Best Itinerary in Japan Contest”
Delivery by Post or Personal Delivery
Send or bring your printed PDF document to the JNTO Sydney office, located at:
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
Suite 1, Level 4, 56 Clarence Street
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
“We hope that this contest provides an opportunity for agents to learn more about Japan by devising their own unique itinerary, as well as facilitate the perfect brainstorming environment for new ideas that could potentially evolve into exciting new products. We look forward to receiving the agents’ entries when the contest opens from the 15th July”, commented Hiroshi Kuwamoto, Executive Director of JNTO Sydney office.
* Please note that this competition is only open to travel industry professionals in Australia.