Joyful Trains can now be reserved online
Partners Information: East Japan Railway Company (JR East) has added 13 new ‘Joyful Train’ services to their JR-East Train Reservation online seat reservations service to make it easier for overseas travellers to book.
In addition to the existing five services which included the Resort Shirakami, 13 new train services have been added, including the popular SL steam locomotives as well as the Koshino Shu*Kura train.
Overseas travellers can reserve their seats ahead of time, making it easier and more convenient to plan their rail journeys.
Joyful Trains New Lineup
- Resort Umineko (Hachinohe Line)
- Resort Asunaro Shimokita (Ominato Line)
- SL Ginga (Kamaishi Line)
- POKEMON with YOU Train (Ofunato Line)
- Zipangu Hiraizumi (Tohoku Main Line)
- Resort Minori (Riku-East Line)
- SL Minakami (Joetsu Line) – Renamed ‘SL Gunma Minakami’ from October 2018
- SL Usui (Shinetsu Main Line) – Renamed ‘SL Gunma Yokokawa’ from October 2018
- Koshino Shu*Kura (Shinetsu Main Line)
- SL Banetsu Monogatari (Ban-etsu West Line)
- Kirakira Uetsu (Uetsu Line)
- Oykot (Iiyama Line)
- Resort View Furusato (Shinonoi & Oito Lines)
JR-EAST Train Reservations